The Melbourne International Student Leadership Program (MISC-LP) is a program for current international students and recent graduates who wish to develop their professional leadership skills. The program takes leaders on a journey to open up a world of knowledge, while provide hands-on experience to help participants develop personally and professionally. We help you prepare for your future career!
As a MISC-LP leader, you will be guided through six tailored workshops held on Saturday mornings in August and September. The program culminates in the organisation and delivery of the Melbourne International Student Conference 2021.
Leaders participate in six workshops led by industry experts, where they get the opportunity to learn, practice, network and take their next step towards their dream careers.
The six workshops include:
7th August 2021 — Personal Strengths and Professional Branding
14th August 2021 — Project Management
21st August 2021 — Stakeholder Identification and Engagement
28th August 2021 — Marketing and Communications
4th September 2021 — Managing and Leading Diverse Teams
11th September 2021 — Event Planning, Delivery, and Logistics
MISC-LP leaders get the opportunity to be part of the Organising Committee for the 2021 iteration of the Melbourne International Student Conference. Leaders will be supported and guided to own and deliver the conference – a perfect opportunity to try something new, or gain experience relevant to your future career. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of delivering an industry-leading event and connect with like-minded peers.
Leaders will need to be available on the 18th of September 2021 and 23rd of September 2021.
The MISC-LP is accepting applications now. We carefully consider each application, and interview a select group of students and recent graduates for a limited number of places. We are looking for motivated, passionate international students and recent graduates with an interest in furthering their leadership skills. If you think the program is right for you, we would love to hear from you.
– Are currently residing in Victoria on a valid student or graduate visa
– Are 18 years or older
– Are currently enrolled in a university or TAFE course, or have finished your course in the last 12 months
– Have an interest in leadership and want to learn transferrable skills which will help you in your future career
– Want to be part of a diverse group committed to learning about effective and inclusive leadership
– Are available on all workshop and conference dates for in-person sessions in the Melbourne CBD
– Can demonstrate an interest in leadership in your community
– Have an understanding of different cultures
– Can identify a specific area in which you would like to improve your leadership skills; e.g. communicating with stakeholders, leading volunteer teams, managing marketing and promotion
What we offer:
– Six workshops on different aspects of leadership delivered by industry experts
– Practical experience in learning how to plan and deliver an industry leading conference
– The opportunity to network with professionals and other international student leaders
– A reference letter upon successful completing of the leadership program